Monday, March 16, 2015

Owen is 3 months old - likes, dislikes, and my thoughts

Well, we officially have a 3 month old baby!

I can't believe it's been 3 months since we welcomed this little guy into our lives.  It's been the most exciting, exhausting, wonderful, trying, fulfilling, and frustrating time that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.



People have asked me several times if it's true that you don't know what love is until you have a baby.  I think it is true, but not for the reasons you'd think.  I love this baby to the moon and back, and having a baby has made my heart double in size...but not just for him.  It's made me love my husband more as I watch him care for our little one, our families as we see their excitement about their first grandchild/niece/nephew, and our friends as they help care for us as we learned to care for Owen.  Sure, my love for Owen is different...but part of the reason it's different is because it's something special I share with my husband, who I love so much.

Owen's growing and changing like crazy!  He's now over 15 pounds and is still in the 98th percentile for length AND head circumference!  He's a long little guy!

He's becoming a champ at holding his head up and loves to be upright now.  He either wants to be walked around, sit up in your lap, or stand (more like river dance) on your legs.

Owen and his friend Luke doing tummy time on their boppies...supervised by Toby

3 month babies...just chillin...


He's definitely a mover and a shaker. I can honestly recognize some of his favorite "moves" from his days in my belly.  I'll see him throw his arm in the air and kick like crazy and think, "that sure does look familiar...".  So cool.  Yesterday, he rolled over for the first time!  SO exciting!  See a video here.

Owen loves his puppy.  We've joked since before he was born that Toby was the "baby sitter", when he would try to sit on my belly.  That tradition has continued, and Toby loves sitting, cuddling, licking, and playing with his new friend.  Thankfully Owen is a big fan of his puppy too.  When Toby curls up next to him, Owen reaches out and pets him!  Best friends already!







Owen loves baths (especially getting his hair washed) and playing with his toys (rings, giraffe, blue puppy, play mat, or the foot keyboard in his crib).  He's happiest being cuddled or sitting in his vibrating chair, but also likes to just hang out on the couch beside us.

Here's a video of Owen and his keyboard...composing just like his dad!



Thankfully he's still sleeping like a champ.  He has slept through the night since 3 weeks (please don't hate me...), and is now going to bed at 10 and sleeping until 7:30-8am!

Owen also enjoys making NOISE!  This baby loves to jabber. Here's a video of Owen "chatting" with me when he was 3 weeks old.




Recently, jabbering is turning into squeals and laughs!  His first "real" laugh was a few weeks ago...and super adorable.  He also loves sputtering and blowing bubbles, and has started drooling all the time, so we've always got a burp cloth ready to wipe his little mouth.

The "don't likes" are a shorter list!

When Owen's hungry, he's HUNGRY!  There's no warm-up phase...he goes from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, so we've got to be ready with a bottle.  He hates burping (or gas in general) and isn't a fan of baby mittens - he wants to use those fingers!

He's also a tummy-time-hater, so we spend most of the time strengthening his neck on his boppy or in our laps (like you saw above).

And that's about it.  He's generally a happy-go-lucky baby.





We love this little bug!





1 comment:

  1. What a handsome little guy! Love the vid of him playing his keyboard :)

    ReplyDelete