Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower

Husband has never been a fan of cauliflower.  Ok..."not been a fan of" is being generous.  He hates it.  Every time he walks into the kitchen when I'm cooking it he turns up his nose and makes a face like he's sucking on a lemon.  So...of course I took this as a challenge to see if I can get him to enjoy it!  :)

My friend Arielle told me she made some mashed cauliflower one night last week, so I decided to give it a try.  It was a hit!  It's similar to mashed potatoes, creamy, and full of flavor.  The best part is that it's low in calories and only uses 4 ingredients.


Ingredients

1 large head cauliflower
4 Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Light Wedges
Chives
1/2 Tablespoon salt

Directions

Wash and boil cauliflower.  Once tender, drain and put into a food processor, pulsing until smooth.  My head of cauliflower made about 3 cups once 'mashed'.  Transfer mashed cauliflower into a medium bowl.




Stir in 4 Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Light wedges and 1/2 Tablespoon salt.  Cut 6-8 pieces of fresh chives with scissors, and stir.  Then adjust accordingly to your taste!



A half cup serving is only 60 calories...so go ahead and have seconds.



2 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds very good Lauren. I shall try it. You will need to make a cookbook. You are talented.
    Faye downs

    ReplyDelete