Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Pumpkins

I have this thing with pumpkins.  I hate throwing them out before they have rotted - it just feels wrong to me! Once in college, my pumpkin was still perfectly fine at Christmas, so I put painted a face on it, glued a beard to it, and topped it with a Santa hat.  When Valentines Day rolled around, my little pumpkin was still going strong, so I gathered the neighborhood children, and we painted red, pink, and white hearts on it.  Who said pumpkins were just for fall?  :)

This year, our pumpkins are still viable gourds, so I decided to get a little creative with them, once again.  


They are super simple to make.  All you need is red and white paint and a paintbrush!  Paint all your pumpkins red first, and let them dry.



Toby didn't like that I was on the porch and he couldn't get to me!

Once the red paint is dry, I put a festive "Ho" on each one!

I think it makes a nice little addition to our porch.



Now that you've seen the outside, check out the Christmas decorations inside!


4 comments:

  1. So smart & cute! I love the lettering - you're really talented! Reia from www.southcountrysides.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, we literally just got rid of our October 2012 pumpkin this weekend - February 2013! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of paint you use since they going to be outside?

    ReplyDelete